Hydrochloric acid 33% in Nairobi Kenya

Hydrochloric acid (HCl) solutions at a concentration of 33% refer to a mixture of hydrochloric acid and water where the acid constitutes 33% of the total solution, and the remaining 67% is water. This solution is less concentrated than the pure form of hydrochloric acid, which is typically around 37% to 38% hydrogen chloride by weight.


A 33% hydrochloric acid (HCl) solution is a mixture composed of 33% hydrochloric acid and 67% water by volume. This solution is created by combining concentrated hydrochloric acid with water to achieve the desired dilution level. Here’s a more detailed description of this solution:


A 33% HCl solution typically appears as a clear, colorless liquid. It might emit a faint, acrid odor characteristic of hydrochloric acid.


The concentration of hydrochloric acid in this solution is 33%. This means that for every 100 parts of the solution, 33 parts are pure HCl, and the remaining 67 parts are water.


The pH of a 33% HCl solution is significantly acidic, likely below 1 on the pH scale. Its strong acidity makes it suitable for various applications where a lower concentration of acid is required.


  • Cleaning and Descaling:
  • This solution is employed for cleaning and descaling tasks, such as removing rust, scale, and mineral deposits from surfaces and equipment in industries ranging from metallurgy to maintenance.
  • pH Adjustment: 
  • It can be used to adjust the pH of solutions in water treatment processes, industrial processes, or laboratory settings.
  • Laboratory Use: 
  • In laboratories, a 33% HCl solution may be utilized for specific chemical reactions, analyses, or experiments that require controlled acid concentrations.

Safety Considerations:

While less concentrated than pure hydrochloric acid, a 33% solution is still corrosive and poses potential health hazards. Direct contact with skin, eyes, or inhalation of fumes should be avoided. Adequate protective gear, proper ventilation, and safe handling practices are essential when working with this solution.

Storage and Handling: 

The solution should be stored in containers made of compatible materials in a well-ventilated area away from sources of heat or incompatible substances. Dilution of hydrochloric acid should always involve adding the acid to water while stirring to prevent splashes and heat buildup.


If further dilution is needed, the solution can be diluted by adding water slowly to the acid while stirring. This precaution helps prevent violent reactions that can occur when adding water to concentrated acids.

As with any chemical, responsible handling, storage, and adherence to safety guidelines are crucial to ensure the well-being of individuals and the environment.

Order quality Hydrochloric Acid in Nairobi Kenya











follow us